Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

Action_Slacks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, wanted to know if there is anyway I could end my pay monthly contract (through the small print) early because I'm not happy with the service or getting what I pay for?
For a while now I have had to switch my connection to 3G because the 4G is so bad. I have a Galaxy Note 10 plus with 5G. I understand the 5G is only in selected areas at the minute so no dramas there, but the 4G download speeds are very poor (4 - 6mB/s) I appreciate that speeds will drop at times due to limited bandwidth but this is constant. Even streaming music while I'm at work in the day is bad. I have factory reset my phone a couple of times in case its background apps slowing things down, but with just the bare minimum installed there is no change. The phone itself is great but I don't mind sending it back and starting again with a different provider. I work over 4 different shires so it can't just be an geographical issue because it never improves. I am on the unlimited data, calls and texts plan.

Cheers,

Chris.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Action_Slacks 

To cancel early you need to pay for the device and then you can leave for free and keep the phone to put another network sim in it Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Action_Slacks 

To cancel early you need to pay for the device and then you can leave for free and keep the phone to put another network sim in it Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi Action-Slacks,
You might find that a sim swap will do the trick, if you can, pop into your local o2 store and get them to swap your sim, or you could ring o2 via 202 on your mobile and they will send one out to you.

signature
Message 3 of 9

Action_Slacks
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Didn't know that, thanks for the info.
Message 4 of 9

Action_Slacks
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have not long had a new sim for the 5G but unfortunately it was the same on both. Thanks for the reply.
Message 5 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi,
That is strange, especially when you have mentioned that it's not just in one area, which makes it unlikely to be a network issue. Have you called o2 and told them about your issue? If not, I would. Sorry Im not much help. slight_smile
signature
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Action_Slacks 

Try different network PAYG sim cards and see which performs best in the areas you use.

It will save you from getting stuck in a contract elsewhere.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Kerri_JH
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the same issue I pay nearly £60 a month for my Samsung S10 5g & I very rarely have more than one bar of signal its so frustrating I swapped the sim over to see if that was the problem but it hasn't improved i still have so long on my contract too but when it's up im not renewing with O2
Message 8 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Hi, Kerri_JH,
I'm so sorry that you too are experiencing network problems. Would you please download the My Network app ( if you haven't already ) from your app store, and check to see of you have any network issues in your area. If not, you can report (via the app) any issues you're having. I hope this helps.
signature
Message 9 of 9