Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

H17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve got one month left on my contract and I’ve ordered a new phone through another company. I know I have to pay off the device, but will I also have to pay for the next airtime bill when I cancel?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@H17, if you pay off the device plan now, give notice immediately. It's still 30 days notice but will come quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@H17, if you pay off the device plan now, give notice immediately. It's still 30 days notice but will come quicker.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

H17
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay thanks. My next airtime bill is due in less than 30 days so I’m guessing I’ll still have to pay that too?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, but you only pay 30 days from when you give notice.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Chris_Sav
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just going through this one myself.

Device plan will end without issue.

Airtime - make sure you have a copy of your invoices and payments before the contract expires. All my information dispappeared on the day that the contract ended on Dec 14th. Despite me giving thirty days advance notice for ending the two year contract on the day it finished, I was still charged another months airtime, but could  not check it as the account had disappeared. I still have a login as I also have an old O2 PAYG emergency brick.

O2 assured me I would get a corresponding bill at the end of December with a refund. I did get a bill but it simply told me I had nothing to pay, but no mention of refund.

More time Contacting O2 again on New Year's Day and was told the refund had been placed on my account!!! one small problem here, as you know, I had no access to the account. A refund to my bank account is now being processed but it could take ten working days (three weeks!!!) to come through. It takes seconds to go in the opposite direction!!

Hope this helps you be aware of what may happen and to be ready. Very poor!!

Message 5 of 5