Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending a contract

Mina97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I just phoned O2 on 202 for the second time. I phoned them the first time 3 weeks ago to end a contract for a sim card and get the 2nd phone number removed from my o2 account and I was told that in 2 weeks I should get my final bill. It’s been 3 weeks since and nothing happened and today I phoned them again and the person that I spoke to assured me that it’s all done now but on my o2 account the phone number is still there and it still saying that I’m gonna be charged again on the 25th of June my usual tarrif. Like what am I supposed to do? I don’t use that sim card and I don’t want to be paying for it anymore.  Both times I didn’t even get an email to confirm that the  contract will be terminated. 
thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Mina97 

Guide here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Mina97 

Guide here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Mina97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve read the guide but I still don’t understand what I’m meant to be doing. I’m not cancelling the contract with o2 because I’m going to a different provider. I want to cancel a number  because I don’t need it at all and I already have another number with o2 that I’ll be keeping. Both numbers are on the same o2 account

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Mina97 

From the guide:

I want to terminate my contract but am not signing up to a new mobile network

Two options here. You can follow the original guide linked above (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...) or you can get a PAYG sim for any network that is different to the one you are leaving and give them a STAC code to close down your old account

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4