Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of my contract

Thelostboys
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract finishes on 26th Sept. It was a phone for my son, he is now going to sort his mobile out. What do I do? Do I need to cancel the contract? Will it carry on if i dont? Sorry if daft question im new to this.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 8

Thelostboys
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, just what I thought, but wasnt sure. 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thelostboys 

Just to add, if he wants to keep the number, request and get him to give the PAC to another provider which should trigger the final bill production once the transfer is complete.

Do Not contact customer services and mention you want to cancel as the number has to be associated with a live SIM for the transfer to occur.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Under the new system as outlined in the link provided by @jonsie , you just text STAC to 75075.

This will provide the new network with the PAC and will close the O2 account when they process it.

Of course, none of this is needed if staying with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

A STAC code when used  is an instruction to another provider to instruct the issuer of the STAC to cancel the contract and place the number into quarantine for around sixth months before it can be reissued.

If the number is to be retained but moved to another provider, only a PAC is required, once a transfer is successfully executed this should trigger closure of the contract and production of the final bill.

Internal transfers are of course available as detailed in the link.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Oh, my bad, but it's all covered in the link already given anyway....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Thelostboys Just to add, your son will probably have to pass a credit check to take out a contract in his own name.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8