cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of cotnract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to cancel my debit order with my bank now that me contract has expired??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Once your final bill has been paid via direct debit and no more monies are outstanding as im assuming your contract term is up  you should be fine.

You can however cancel the direct debit for peace of mind if you so wish.

Important.

You must however give 30 days notice by ringing 202 or your contract will turn into a rolling 30 day contract.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Once your final bill has been paid via direct debit and no more monies are outstanding as im assuming your contract term is up  you should be fine.

You can however cancel the direct debit for peace of mind if you so wish.

Important.

You must however give 30 days notice by ringing 202 or your contract will turn into a rolling 30 day contract.

Message 2 of 5

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It is always worth waiting to O2 send you a zero value bill to confirm your account is paid up to date and closed correctly.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Make sure you have a zero balance bill before cancelling. I would always advise to leave it until the next billing date would have been due. An active direct debit won't be taken if the balance due is zero.

Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I need to cancel my debit order with my bank now that me contract has expired??

Your contract won't expire unless you cancel it, it will become a 30 day rolling contract.

Don't cancel any direct debit until you have had a final bill from O2.

Unless you get a PAC from O2 you will lose your number.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5