Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from “amendment team”

Chrissy29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I’ve received now numerous times an email from “ amendmentteam@o2.com” asking me to sign into a secure portal? A link provided to do so .. o2 body in the email with o2 address ect at bottom. Not sure if it’s legit wonder is anyone else getting these emails ? There is a CFR reference .. does any of this sound familiar to anyone ? And if so is it phishing ?
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

Does the login page look like this o2.PNG

If so its not your o2 account it wants you to create an account using your email address, this doesnt need to be the same as your o2 account details...

The URL In the browser should be https://securemail.clearswift.com/login.html

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

Lots of scams going around currently.

I'd ignore it and call customer service to check if legit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

I've never heard of it before.

Some scams might pretend to be from O2, or from an organisation you already deal with. It's important that we see examples of phishing emails, texts and websites so we can investigate and shut down scammers. To report a suspicious email, text or website:

• forward the text message, including phone number or company name, to 7726. It won’t cost you anything and it means we can investigate the sender
  • for emails, forward the message to the organisation that it claims to be from. You can look up the email address to send it to on that organisation’s website
  • for suspicious emails claiming to be from O2, create a new email draft with ‘Phishing’ as the subject. Attach the suspicious email and send it to phishing@o2.com
  • get in touch with the Information Commissioner’s Office by calling 0303 123 1113.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice>

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 26

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've had a couple of emails saying similar things, not from O2, but advice is always the same. Don't open links in them and just delete it.

Message 4 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I tried getting through many times and even sent messages on messenger but can’t get any clarification
Message 5 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

Just follow the advice above then. Forward the text to O2 on 7726

If it's genuine they will contact you again.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Chrissy29 If you try to call customer service again, select the option for 'Fraud'.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s not a text message it’s an email I can’t seem to forward to o2 phishing.
It has all proper o2 logos ect within I have a screen shot but don’t no how to add it in here.

Here’s a copy paste of content;

Amendment Team" <amendmentteam@o2.com> has sent you a message that contains information that has been encrypted.

You’ll need to log in to the O2 Secure Encryption Portal to view/download the email or attachments. You have 30 days left to collect this message before it’s automatically deleted from the portal

If you do not know "Amendment Team" <amendmentteam@o2.com> or were not expecting an encrypted email then we recommend you call them before clicking on the link below for your own safety. If you do not have their contact number, please do contact them using the O2.com email address detailed.

You have 1 day(s) left to collect this message before it expires.
Subject: CFR2051374
Sent: March 30, 2020 1:49:26 PM, UTC
Expires: April 29, 2020 1:49:43 PM, UTC
To view this message, click the link below and use the activation code to create your own O2 Secure Sender Portal account. Once you’ve done this, you can view all encrypted messages you receive from "Amendment Team" <amendmentteam@o2.com> and O2 from here.

Email: “My email address inserted here”
Click here to access your O2 email Safe Sender portal

“ there is a link provided here”

Do not reply to this message. This is a system-generated email and all replies will be discarded.
This electronic message contains information from Telefónica UK Limited which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email.

Switchboard: +44 (0)113 272 2000

Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX. Registered in England and Wales: 1743099. VAT number: GB 778 6037 85

Message 8 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Chrissy29 

Edited to add CFR also could mean Credit File Referral. Have you missed a payment with O2?

There's a phone number in that email. I've just checked. it's O2's head office.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff thank you! So this is def phishing then? It came at a time were I was trying to port my sons number that very weekend. I can’t find anything on google ref the email address or anyone on this community search maybe it’s a new phishing thing. Anyway I can’t seem forward it when I try it won’t highlight the send button for me. I assume it has something built in to prevent me from doing so? I don’t know.
Message 10 of 26