Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from “amendment team”

Chrissy29
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I’ve received now numerous times an email from “ amendmentteam@o2.com” asking me to sign into a secure portal? A link provided to do so .. o2 body in the email with o2 address ect at bottom. Not sure if it’s legit wonder is anyone else getting these emails ? There is a CFR reference .. does any of this sound familiar to anyone ? And if so is it phishing ?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff no I’m actually in credit 🤔
Message 11 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Chrissy29 wrote:
@Cleoriffthank you! So this is def phishing then? It came at a time were I was trying to port my sons number that very weekend. I can’t find anything on google ref the email address or anyone on this community search maybe it’s a new phishing thing. Anyway I can’t seem forward it when I try it won’t highlight the send button for me. I assume it has something built in to prevent me from doing so? I don’t know.

I'm not sure @Chrissy29 . I've edited my post. That phone number is O2's head office.

I think you have to call O2 Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff I’ve been getting it since end March and I’ve been trying at end March to sort my sons porting issue as o2 cut him off. I wrote email to o2 complaints, I got phone call back girl was working from home, it never really got resolved and I mentioned the emails and was told to ignore. But .. I’m still receiving them They look official I know most phishing do but I don’t want it to be something I shouldn’t ignore as the girl was working from home and no one can see what I’m talking about as I can’t find anything on it. I did try ringing the number before to no avail.
Message 13 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Chrissy29 

Have you tried to call the head office number from the email?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff yes I have several times it’s same as me ringing 202 from my phone .. but I’m giving it another go today cos I need to get to bottom of this thx
Message 15 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff I finally got through to someone I’ve had to send a photo to the o2 representatives own email address of my email. They clarified it is from o2 but she doesn’t no why, they do have an amendments team but don’t understand why they would be emailing me directly? So she’s sending it to the right department to get some more information on it and hopefully get it clarified soon. But o2 were puzzled as much as I was. I’m in credit on my account so I don’t know what else it could be. I will wait and see. Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I’m none the wiser at the minute but hopefully soon.
Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

So pleased you got through to someone @Chrissy29 

Let's hope it's eased your mind at least. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Time limited demands are usually associated with phishing campaigns.
It's designed to put more pressure on you to click the links.
I'd find it strange if O2 were employing those kind of tactics.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 26

Chrissy29
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I honestly don’t know ?? Il have to wait and see 😬
Message 19 of 26

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Chrissy29 , how are you getting on at the moment? I'd love to hear if you managed to get to the bottom of this since you last posted, or are you still waiting to hear back?

Message 20 of 26