Did you mean: 

EE PAC CODE problem

BTcharlie1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi i have a dilemma as detailed below.

Requested PAC code from EE (wife's old number) which had a cutoff date for 22.08.21.

Asked for a new O2 SIM for wife on same terms like mine on 21.08.21 online. I input the PAC code details on keeping the old number section which got accepted at that stage.

I also rang 202 to confirm that the PAC code will be usable as long as i enter it on the screen when ordering the new O2 sim, which was confirmed by an employee.

We received the Sim card a few days after, which we inserted in her mobile phone to use it.

The Number transfer never happened as the O2 sim card is still on the new O2 number upto today, so basically i am being charged by O2 and EE as well. I have checked the EE Account to confirm this.

Been trying to get hold of an advisor, which has been impossible this afternoon.

In our naivety, we threw away the old EE Sim card. In order to get a new pac code EE is trying to text the old number, plus additional charges as it looks as if they changed the old account to a new 30 day rolling contract.

Not sure what i can do or go from here to clear up this mess of changeover.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavesh

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BTcharlie1974 

Call EE in the first instance and ask them to send you by email or even by post the PAC Code they can't refuse to do this as it is against the OFCOM Porting rules, then contact o2 with the New PAC code by phone on 202 or 0344 809 0202 and give them the details. 

It could be that EE blocked the original port request, or it failed at either end. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BTcharlie1974 

Call EE in the first instance and ask them to send you by email or even by post the PAC Code they can't refuse to do this as it is against the OFCOM Porting rules, then contact o2 with the New PAC code by phone on 202 or 0344 809 0202 and give them the details. 

It could be that EE blocked the original port request, or it failed at either end. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Hmtolmers
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This happened to me. Unfortunately ringing EE and O2 to sort this out sounds relatively simple the waiting in a queue each time was not something I looked forward to. As nothing else could be done I had to cancel the new o2 contract and stay with EE. Very disappointing but I don’t have the time to sit waiting. 

Message 3 of 3