Did you mean: 

Dual SIM overseas

MickLloyd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I just inserted a second SIM card to use my phone here in Georgia (not USA). Although I have received a text from O2 itself (with a security code to register in the Community), it seems that texts from other UK phones are not reaching me. Does O2 my set-up if I insert a second SIM?

Thanks

Mick

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad shows this for Georgia Contract:

• Unfortunately we're not able to offer inclusive roaming here!

Sounds like you may have a spend cap in place that is precluding the 50p per text or £2 per call from getting to your phone?

Your contacts in the UK may need to call your Georgia SIM number (at international rates) or you can get WhatsApp and use the data allowance on your Georgia SIM (both you and your caller will need to have WhatsApp installed for this to work).

If there is a problem, switching the SIM positions in the SIM carrier in your phone sometimes helps.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36020 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad shows this for Georgia Contract:

• Unfortunately we're not able to offer inclusive roaming here!

Sounds like you may have a spend cap in place that is precluding the 50p per text or £2 per call from getting to your phone?

Your contacts in the UK may need to call your Georgia SIM number (at international rates) or you can get WhatsApp and use the data allowance on your Georgia SIM (both you and your caller will need to have WhatsApp installed for this to work).

If there is a problem, switching the SIM positions in the SIM carrier in your phone sometimes helps.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@MickLloyd To add to the advice from @pgn you can use WhatsApp over WiFi to call, text, and video call other WhatsApp users for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3