cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving me mad....

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are driving me mad.....

I called O2 last month, as with my new employer, for work we need to provide our own handsets and expense them each month, a pain I know...

Anyway I specifically asked if I could have my bills separate, if I take out another contract, one personal phone and one work phone (I don't want to give my own number out for work purposes, if I did I would get calls all hours)

Anyway, as I was told I will get separate bills, I went ahead and ordered a second handset, airtime etc. Just got the first bill, and it has been added to my existing bill. So all in one bill. I went to expense it, just the new number, and as it is all rolled into one bill, it is confusing, vat is added to the total at the end, and my expense claim was as a result rejected. To be honest I can see why.

I have been asking for a separate bill, but have been told it can't be done, and no changes can be made as I have passed the 14 days. There was no bill produced until 3 weeks, so this problem was not evident within the 14 days....

O2 are not prepared to do anything, everyone I have spoken to, must be 6 different people now, and a couple of so called managers, all see where I am coming from, and agree it is a reasonable request, but sorry nothing can be done...

How dam hard can it be to produce 2 separate bills, I mean come on.

As a result, I can not expense my way to phOne, as the bill dhas sent show what is for that phone, just a total for both.

They drive me mad. I am going into the store tomorrow with the bloody iPhone and leaving it there. I don't care that it's ok its debthe 2 weeks, they have gone back on their word, not me.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not the best course of action and I do appreciate the stressful dilemma you are in through no fault of your own.

As you are getting nowhere with customer service you need to make a complaint here : 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Also google CEO O2 and drop his office an email with a contact number.

Message 2 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

In my o2 you can drill down calls thatare  vatable by handset and diplay non vat per handset and charges .

Would you employer accept that as the proof of vat ?

i.e. these screen grabs (you can print out full details from there

First grab shows my iphone and ipad tariffs you can work ou at 20% what my rates are per device and manually annotate them

vat 1.PNG

vat1.PNG

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous I would think again before returning the phone and not paying your bill. The only one who would get hurt by that is you. O2 are quick to place negative markers on credit ratings for non-payment. Make a complaint by all means, but also follow the advice given by @adamtemp64 and see if that helps your problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How far off completion is your personal contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can drill down, but it is all without VAT.

VAT is only added to the total of the two, at the end.

I cant manually do anything, I need to print off the bill for the number I am expensing.

I asked why they had put them together, and who decided to do it that way. I was just told O2. Had I have said something we thin 14 days, apparently things could have changed. The issue is my first bill from r the second number was only created on 15th Nov, over 14 days from starting the contract.

They are going through the calls between O2 and myself. I was categorically told they will be seperate, which I s why They went ahead.

I agree my finance dept maybe being a little awkward, but also understand that I or anyone, should be able to see the total bill any of the numbers.

What if I had a phone for my son, I would want to know what the bill was, not have to drill down, manually add VAT etc etc. Just give me a bam bill for number xxxxx

I am going down to my local O2 shop shortly, with the handset. They need to sort it out, or they will be taking it back.
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personal contract end is 11 months away. I will move back to Vodafone, never had any of these issues, and that was 8-10 years ago when I was in the same situation of haveing to provide my own work handset. Had 2 bills, simple.

If they cant sort it out today, my work handset will be with Voodafone today....
Message 7 of 28

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The only option may be to swap the additional handset to a business contract as it is for business use then vat bills are produced

you have to ask for vat compliant bills to be enabled on consumer tariffs 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have asked that yesterday, again I was told that as it's over 14 days, that cant be done. I have to pay off this one first, then take a new one out on a business contract.

I asked why they took over the 14 days to bill me, had it have been before this issue would have come to light then. "Don't know" is always the reply....
Message 9 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you are past the 14 days they will not accept the phone back in store. You need to go through the complaints procedure. If you have copies of everything that will help you, but if you don't follow the protocol you will get nowhere. We're all aware of how frustrating this must be for you, and we're only telling you this through our past experiences with other complaints.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 28