cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading songs from Amazon uses a LOT of data! Eh?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

Yesterday I downloaded a few songs from Amazon MP3 on my Galaxy S3 which I got back from repair (again) last week, then half an hour later I get a text from O2 telling me I've used up most of my 750 Mb data allowance for this month!

So I downloaded the My O2 app (more data) to check how much I've got left, and it seems there's about 165 Mb left, all I downloaded was about 3 albums worth of songs which were stored on my Amazon Cloud server.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The best route is to get your home wifi sorted via your support group around you or your brother or increase your data allowance Richard.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145247 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions
250mb per album is quite normal and is not excessive. You've been advised many times to use wifi - I give up !!!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
250mb per album is quite normal and is not excessive. You've been advised many times to use wifi - I give up !!!!

be honest, you've missed this haven't you:smileywink:

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is though, I tried to get on the Wi Fi at Sheffield Railway Station, but Amazon MP3 wouldn't download using Wi-Fi.

Also, I managed to get on the free Wi-Fi in Burger King in Lincoln, thanks to the password being on the reciept for my lunch, and I still couldn't download.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145247 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27889 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
but Amazon MP3 wouldn't download using Wi-Fi.

And did you open your browser to complete the log in process ???

@jonsie - yes, of course tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The best route is to get your home wifi sorted via your support group around you or your brother or increase your data allowance Richard.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thing is though, I tried to get on the Wi Fi at Sheffield Railway Station, but Amazon MP3 wouldn't download using Wi-Fi.

Also, I managed to get on the free Wi-Fi in Burger King in Lincoln, thanks to the password being on the reciept for my lunch, and I still couldn't download.

So just because you TRIED to download through wifi, you think your O2 data should remain untouched?

Nice try wink

Message 7 of 7