cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been told that after at least 9 months of pay monthly contract you can request a downgrade of your tariff but only down by one level if you do not use all of your allowances. My husband did this with orange successfully, but when I requested the same with O2 I was told I would lose all of my blackberry data allowance. Quite honestly, I'm not impressed - does anyone have any experience of this? 😞
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
What tariff are you on? The only one I can think of where this would be the case is the BB Bonus 25 and that's because there isn't a BB tariff below it.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you downgrade, you'll most likely move to a normal standard tarrif, you can add on the BB bolt-on on for £5-£10 depending on the tarriff.
Also, i'm guessing you're on an 18 month contract with being able to downgrade after 9 months?
Steph
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downgraded after 9mths and am on a 24 mth contract. I did check at the time as thought it might need to be 12mth but no CS were fine with 9mths.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
sounds like you were on an old tarriff then, therefore you applid to old t&c's. If you moved to a new tarrif, you should be able to downgrade once more after twelve months.
Steph
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope I am still covered by the old conditions at the minute so it's only if I downgraded again I could only do it once more. I downgraded April last year. These new conditions weren't even dreamt of then or data capping.
Message 6 of 6