cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to join 02 refresh but iPhone 5s doesn't appear to be available on standard tarif

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am due an upgrade after completing a 2 year standard tariff with an iPhone 4S. When I checked my upgrade options via the website, the iPhone 5s option only appears when I select the refresh tariff. I don't want a To join this new tariff. Tried calling 02 but there was an hour waiting time! Not happy, thinking of switching back to carphone warehouse who are offering me the phone I want on a standard tariff on the O2 network. I'm confused !!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Why isn't O2 offering me the same or better??

You are still with O2 - It makes no difference to them where you get the phone from, except, as I mentioned, you may get some deals or discounts if you buy direct from O2 but won't be eligible for them if bought elsewhere, eg, today I just got a £5 a month tariff reduction for the rest of my contract but that is only going to customers who bought from O2 and not CPW or Phones4U etc....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You can take a 3G refresh tariff (ie you don't have to have 4G), what tariff do you want?
CPW can still do non refresh if you prefer but refresh gives you so many more options.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
With CFW I will only have to pay a 1 off £49 for the phone, economically that's far more appealing to me than expecting to shell out a minimum of £550 for said phone on the O2 refresh.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
OK, so what mins texts data do you get from CPW & what is the tariff price?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unlimited UK minutes & texts & 1GB of data for £37.00 per month for 16GB phone
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
That's £42 a month on refresh with no upfront payment, so £120 cheaper via CPW but you can't use any Open codes or F&F discounts unless you buy from O2 directly - Just go with the cheapest deal otherwise...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

A case of the independents coming in with sweeter deals again !

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You must go where you will, O2 won't explain their strategy here.

It's often the case where you get a better deal away from a main supplier in business.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144829 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

You are still with O2 - It makes no difference to them where you get the phone from, except, as I mentioned, you may get some deals or discounts if you buy direct from O2 but won't be eligible for them if bought elsewhere, eg, today I just got a £5 a month tariff reduction for the rest of my contract but that is only going to customers who bought from O2 and not CPW or Phones4U etc....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10