cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do o2 carry out different credit checks for different phones

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a very quick question if anyone knows the answer

Do o2 do different credit checks depending on the phone you want, for example is the credit check harder for an iphone 5, or are the credit checks the same, or based on line rental amount

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Same credit check regardless of amount unfortunately. o2 apply their own criteria above the response back from the credit agency and that could result in a "computer says no" even though you have no problems or if you go to another network.

There's a credit scoring thing over at moneysavingexpert.com which is recommended reading for any credit you want to apply for.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Imagine they'd all be the same. Inevitably your credit check is only to decide if your responsible enough for the contract. (I don't think the phone model is considered) it would only be on the price of the contract.

However if your a new customer a expensive phone might be more likely to be a flight risk in which case they'd Probally be more stringent
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 5

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Same credit check regardless of amount unfortunately. o2 apply their own criteria above the response back from the credit agency and that could result in a "computer says no" even though you have no problems or if you go to another network.

There's a credit scoring thing over at moneysavingexpert.com which is recommended reading for any credit you want to apply for.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
All credit checks the same and it's possible o2 make ask for a deposit upfront. o2 and vodafone are the most strictest when it comes to credit checks.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys, i'm an existing customer, all bills paid by DD, and wanting to take a 2nd line, so just thought i'd ask

i'll pop into the store later

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5