Did you mean: 

Do i have to call to cancel?

the_roons
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've been with o2 for 16 years now but its time to move on. Got a great offer from virgin media and its 20 quid cheaper than I pay now and i can upgrade after 12 months. Thats one aspect I found o2 have really spoiled the last few years. First the 18 month to 24 month contracts and now 36 months...no doubt it'll be 48 months soon! I used to be able to go into the shop and recycle my phone in store but that was stopped during the pandemic and i was told i would need to wipe my phone, request an enevelope from o2, wait for said envelope, send phone off, wait for the money to cash and then pay off the contract to get a new phone....

So after all this my contract is finally up and as a result i got a lovely deal.

However i just want to say "hey my contract is up thanks for everything bye!" but apparently i have to call up to cancel? I hate making phone calls ...can't i do this online or something so i can give my 30 day notice?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@the_roons 

No need to call.

How to cancel and move on here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144080 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@the_roons 

No need to call.

How to cancel and move on here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2