cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I wait for o2 4g & new iPhone ? Or do I move to EE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract is just about finished. If I get a new Iphone from o2 it wont work on 4g when they bring in 4g next year! It will cost me a fortune to finish my contract early. I want to stay with O2 but they don't seem bothered in keeping long term loyal customers.They are only offering a disgusting 10% help towards ending your contract early. EE will be released in the next two weeks this will be when I decide unless O2 make me an offer I cant refuse ! I'm not holding my breath I don't think there bothered!!!  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Advantage is O2s networks will be much better than EE who are rolling out in a rush to get exclusivity.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If O2 were happy to change my Iphone for one that would work on the new network I would stay with them but wanting me to buy myself out of a 24 month contract is not helpful for a loyal mobile and home broadband costumer!  

Message 3 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Someone will work out a way to fix the issue when it comes. People are very ingenious when they are motivated.

It's a personal decision you have to make is 4g really that important to you?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes three most important things for me are Data, Speed & Connectivity you can keep your unlimited texts and calls

Message 5 of 11

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry to say it EE would be your best bet. However I cannot vouch for their abilities as a carrier having never used them
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK It Looks Like its EE for me I am going all in Mobile contracts for me and my Wife and Home Broadband and home phone Just waiting to see the contracts on Offer.

Whish me Luck.

Bye Bye !

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening all,

I am new here but am after some advice.  This topic seems to be close to what I wish to discuss.  I am also thinking of leaving O2.

I have two iPhones and one iPad on a rolling Simplicity contract.  I have not been in an annual/ two year contract with O2 for years.

I actually rarely use my iPhone for voice. I mainly use it for email, web browsing and texts.  My wife rarely uses the web, but finds it useful to have.  She uses voice, emails and texts a lot.  I find the 1GB data limit on my iPad and iPhone a chore.

O2, despite what their coverage map shows have practically zero coverage where I work. But that is the same with all networks.  Where my wife works all companies are fine with their coverage.  At home is covered by all networks as well.  Where we travel too for work all networks have similar coverage.

I am also finding that O2 are no where near as good as they used to be.

In the past I have always bought the iPhones from Apple outright.

I get the impression that O2 are unlikely to offer me much if I was to say, what would you offer me on a 12 month/ two year contract for two iPhones.  I also know that 1GB of data per month is insufficient.

Are O2 going to improve the data that they offer people?  If I leave O2, could anyone recommend a good company to go to (e.g. GiffGaff, Orange, 3, T etc.)?

Sorry for the long email, but I wanted to describe the situation sufficiently.  Hope you have all not fallen asleep.

Hval

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hval

Looks like were in the same boat, 2 Iphones + 1 Ipad and seem to be using more and more data. I had to increase my allowance with o2 to 1gb but can see this not being enough in the near future. My O2 signal at home is very poor but at work is OK. T-Mobile has an unlimited data tariff and I think 3 but 3 used to have such a bad reputation I'm not sure about how good they are now. So I'm drawn towards T-Mobile as they will have 4g up and running by the end of the month in and around London.This with possibly an unlimited data tariff seems like my best bet. EE have not released any prices or tariffs so still hanging on in with O2 until I find out more info but should know by the end of the month.

I AM STILL HERE O2 IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO MAKE ME AN OFFER TO KEEP ME?????  

Regards

Michael    

Message 10 of 11