cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissapointed with O2 :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, here’s my problem,

I’ve been with O2 for seven years and up to my latest bill I’ve been very happy with them. I moved a while ago to Pay Monthly whist I still had my Blackberry, and paid around £20 including the Blackberry bolt on. In December I decided to move to Android and bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and arranged to have a micro sim sent to fit the new phone. I had to update my plan which was £20 plus £6 for the all rounder data plan. I thought this was good as it was only £6 more than I was already paying so I could afford it. Live chat was great, very helpful and I started enjoying my new phone.

I’ve been so happy with O2, I’ve brought all my family over to pay monthly in the last month, but they are now getting more talk time more texts and more data than myself all for £11 a month!

To add insult to injury I’ve just received my latest bill and I’ve been charged £31.27!! I was told I also got 20 free MMS messages with the plan but I’ve been charged £0.58 for sending just one! Plus, I’ve just received a leaflet through my door for Virgin Mobile offering unlimited everything for £15!! Basically, it seems everyone is getting more than me for half the price!

My complaints are that I was never told that my monthly charge would go up every month, (last month was £29) and that £5 VAT wasn’t included in my initial purchase. If I’d been told my all in monthly price was £30+ I wouldn’t have accepted it. Also, if my family are given such a good offer, why wasn’t I for giving O2 more business?? I don’t expect to be given a free ride, but surely looking after loyal customers should be a priority.

Has anyone got any suggestions as at the moment I’m seriously considering cancelling my contract as soon as I can, and move myself and my family to Virgin.

Utterly disappointed,

Smf.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would call cs because you can get much more for £26 per month on a sim only deal.

For that you would get unlimited calls texts and at least 1gb of data.

Sounds like something has gone wrong but a call to CS on 202 should sort it out easily enough for you. I assume you are no longer paying towards your BlackBerry?

Please let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where are your friends getting an o2 tariff for £12 pet month from? What do they get for that? Are they on refresh?

For your contract you got a new phone so I presume you are on refresh?
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
That should read £11 per month lol
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I got a new Blackberry last year as part of the 1 year contract, but bought my current phone off my own back this year. My family are all on sim only.

They get 600 mins, Unlimited texts, and 250mb of data.

smf.

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have just looked on o2 website and I cannot see an £11 tariff that gives the allowances you refer to.

For £11 on a 12 month contract it is 300 mins.

What tariff are you on
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also your first bill might be slightly higher as it will include part of the previous month at the higher rate to include your data bolt on.

Have you downloaded the Myo2 app? If not I would recommend you do so. In there it will confirm what your monthly charges will be moving forward.
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the myo2 app says that the monthly charge for a normal month is more than £26 then I would call CS on 202 and discuss it with them.

We don't recommend Live Chat on here for account enquiries.
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'm on the O2 100 12 month with the The All Rounder data - 500MB add on.

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

It just says what my latest charges are, nothing about anything forward of that :s

Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would call cs because you can get much more for £26 per month on a sim only deal.

For that you would get unlimited calls texts and at least 1gb of data.

Sounds like something has gone wrong but a call to CS on 202 should sort it out easily enough for you. I assume you are no longer paying towards your BlackBerry?

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 10 of 22