cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well so far today I have been 'in a queue' for 24 minuets (and counting), as if that was not bad enough, o2 have kindly stopped my mobile calling them so this is now starting to sit heavy on my home phone bill- thank you 02.

Considering I am calling to ask why my phone is still disconnected after being payed on the 21st Dec. 02 helpfully supplied me with an automated text confirming this, and a payment reference (clearly also confirming receipt of this payment). After being told on numerous occasions my phone will be connected within 24 hours, I am starting to get more than a little fed up with this service, or rather, lack of.

I have been an 02 customer since the first Iphone came out, recently called to receive my 'free upgrade' which I have now been told I am now not applicable to receive due to being mis sold this service in the first place...here I am, waiting yet another 18 months for my free upgrade from the first original iphone which clearly is no where near working fully...unhappy and very disappointed to say the least.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you were cut off, I'm assuming you didn't pay your bill on time. It must have been very late for the second level bar to go on which restricts your service completely. Yes, if it gets to level 2 you can't use your mobile to call them, I think it's a case of "you haven't paid us for ages so we aren't footing the bill for you to call us until you have".

You paid on the 21st and your phone still isn't unbarred. You've waited this long to call in about it? Why? Did you think it was just taking an unusually long time? The automated payment line will only remove a level 1 bar, the 2nd level bar that you have needs to be taken off manually.

Free upgrade? To what...another iphone? If you choose an iphone on a tariff that has it for free then yes you'll get one but otherwise there will be a charge involved. This part of your post doesn't make much sense.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i think the customer services r quite good i rang on wednesday to downgrade from a 15 simplicity to a 10 simplicity and put a unlimited web bolt on with it ,instead they left me on a 15 simplicity and gave me an unlimited web bolt on for free
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You do realise that their are other people in that queue that are in the same position as you and are not complaining.
You have obviously received an overdue bill and that is why you have been cut off.
Your handset is also subsidised by o2. But the iPhone is a very expensive handset, £440 if you were expecting the 16GB, they still expect a profit off you, o2 is a business ;).
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
So you were cut off, I'm assuming you didn't pay your bill on time. It must have been very late for the second level bar to go on which restricts your service completely. Yes, if it gets to level 2 you can't use your mobile to call them, I think it's a case of "you haven't paid us for ages so we aren't footing the bill for you to call us until you have".

In the OP`s defence, ive been with o2 for 8 years, paid every single bill on time EXCEPT last novembers when i was ill and wasnt able to make the payment..The bill was due to be paid on the 10th of the month, on the 11th i was cut off ! Not sure how the level thing works. But after a few phonecalls i was reconnected straight away... i do have to ask the question why its taken soo long for you to complain though
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might have just been a first level bar 'class 9', the restrictions don't come off automatically on the automated payment system, which I actually think it bad service.

Still, I then agree with what everyone else has said, you have waited this long to call?
Message 6 of 7

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I can honestly say that o2 customer care are ammong the best and its very strange indeed to hang on.

I know the other week that they had system issues but thats all now sorted.

I did read that some one didnt pay the bill on the 10th and on the 11th it cut the person of. This is how the computers are set up, if the computers dont see a payment on the correct date then they will cut you of. They dont see in the pass that you always pay etc, again it wouldnt be in o2 interest to let people keep using the phone when they havnt paid the bill.

Automated allows you to pay the bill buy like with any system can take upto 48 hours to process thorugh the system. Remember its like a bank and some times banks can take 3-4 days to process payments etc to show onto your account.

If you had called o2 direct then the bar would have been lifted normal within 24 hours, but again this can take longer.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 7 of 7