Did you mean: 

Discount scam / fraud - no help

Stu23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Never thought I would, but I got scammed with the fraudulent call re heavily discounted new phone deal, and I'm living to regret the error.

I realised it was as scam as soon as I ended the call, and so I called O2 immediately. I have called them four times in 7 days since it happened and nothing O2 have said they will do has been done. I just can't understand the poor level of service on something that is very stressful for this longstanding customer. I changed password and security question immediately.

First call I made to 02, minutes after the scam call, I was told they could see the fraudulent order and had managed to cancel it, but they hadn't and the phone arrived the next day. A second call to 02 and they advised me to refuse the DPD delivery, so I did that (not sure if that was the best advice because I don't know where that phone ended up now). Both these 'advisors' assured me the fraud dept would contact me within 48 hours... but nothing yet, a week later.

My third call to O2 and I was told that my plan would revert to the original, and correct, 20GB sim-only plan within 24 hours... but that hasn't been done either.

So a fourth call to see what is happening and is there anything I can do to speed things up? And I just got the same things repeated... "I will revert your plan back to what it should be, you will see that in the next 24 hours." Again nothing changes and now I'm receiving emails from O2shop about more orders for accessories that I have not ordered. Why can't this be dealt with? The device plan shows large amounts of money that will be taken in just a few days time and I really can't afford that right now.

On top of that yesterday I received a text stating that 'we have resolved the fraudulent activity on your O2 account... we will write to you within 30 days'. This text looks fraudulent too, as it has errors, and just 'Hi' rather than my name.

There's something really amiss here and it's left me feeling that O2 either don't care or are seriously incompetent. It's got to the point now that even though I'm calling 202, it feels like I'm actually talking to people who are part of the scam! Has anyone else experienced similar?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Stu23 so sorry to hear about this. I'll send you a message to get some details.

Message 2 of 4

MM9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The same thing has just happened to me and I can't get any help from O2 can you advise? I have the device here 

Message 3 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@MM9 Can you explain the situation a bit more? Have you contacted O2 to report the fraud?

Message 4 of 4