cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing text allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on a PAYG tariff where I top up £10 and get 300  inclusive texts. I have just topped up and have suddenly realised that I have no more inclusive texts? Could it be because I have over £40 of credit on my phone I must admit I only really use it for the inclusive texts and 500mb of Internet?

Many thanks in advance.

Hansol

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 about this happening to me.

It seems the allowance is per month not per top-up. If you top up and get your allowance, then top up again 2 weeks later, you don't get another free allowance. When you top up again the follwing month, you get your allowance again.

I am not sure if this is relevant to your specific question but I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you sure you have reached your anniversary date when your new allowanve starts? the amount of credit on your phone won't affect your tariff, all it does is build up and can be used for other things,

Call 4445 and speak to ustomer service for an explanation as to why you have no inclusive texts.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 about this happening to me.

It seems the allowance is per month not per top-up. If you top up and get your allowance, then top up again 2 weeks later, you don't get another free allowance. When you top up again the follwing month, you get your allowance again.

I am not sure if this is relevant to your specific question but I hope it helps.

Message 3 of 3