cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit returned, paid via automated line, phone still

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife had her direct debit returned. Today she had a phonecall or text telling her to make a payment on the automated number (how you do this if you have one mobile phone and no landline is beyond me).

This I did for her at 1735 this evening. An hour later she gets the confirmation text and a receipt number. So she trys to ring out, she can't.

I call the automated line again and it still says the same amount is outstanding - there isn't as we have a receipt text.

Still she can't call out or send texts.

Surely once the receipt text is received she should be able to use the phone?

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
Can take a few hours for the bar to be lifted in my experience
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can take a few hours for the bar to be lifted in my experience

Thanks Dave - I take it that might be to stop you snatching the money back via online banking?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, its just down to how busy the network is. 2-24 hours is the time scale given, some times it takes 3 minutes, sometimes it takes 23 hours and 3 minutes.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time scales are now 1-24 hours, HOWEVER, in my experience if you pay on the automated the bars are not lifted and you may need to speak to a CSA for them to lift the restrictions.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to report phone came back on at 15 45.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hear a lot about this, as far as i consider it, it is a payment system only, cant guarantee unbarring, its best to make payment with a CEA then they can request unbarring right away as it can be delayed on the IVR, just a sudjestion slight_smile
Message 7 of 7