Did you mean: 

Did I get accepted?

Ezenia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey,

I ordered an iPhone 7 last night on contract (about 10pm UK time) and was just wondering if I had been accepted or not.

I've received the legal docs email but nothing else regarding order status so far. I contacted o2 live chat and the adviser told me the order has been sent for fulfilment. I asked him if he perhaps knew if I passed the credit check and he told me he can see the order has been placed. He stated the order would have not been placed if I failed the credit check. Does this sound true?

I know today is Good Friday so chances of getting an email regarding order status might be slim, my only concern is not being 100% sure if I was accepted.

When I completed the order I was given an order number. I didn't get this confirmation email but I can access the confirmation page by clicking one of the links in my email.

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@EzeniaIf you have been told the order has been accepted then that's fine. You won't get an email though until the device is despatched

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Just remember as well as it being Easter, it may also be out of stock.....

If you want further confirmation of your acceptance and the status of your order, ring customer services and ask to speak to an advisor https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@EzeniaIf you have been told the order has been accepted then that's fine. You won't get an email though until the device is despatched

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Just remember as well as it being Easter, it may also be out of stock.....

If you want further confirmation of your acceptance and the status of your order, ring customer services and ask to speak to an advisor https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Ezenia
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, the advisor just said "it has been sent for fulfilment" which sounds rather promising. 

The order confirmation page doesn't really say either, it just says: 

[Generic Thanks for Order message along with Order Number]

Followed by:

What happens next?

We've sent you an email with your order details.

Your contract will not start until the order is on its way.

We'll deliver your order: Apple iPhone 7 32GB Black on Tuesday 3 Apr between 8am and 10pm. 

Once you’ve had a text or email saying it’s been dispatched, you’ll be able to Sign into My O2 to track your order, manage your account and more.

If you're moving from another operator and want to keep your number then now is a good time to ask them for your PAC code.

You'll be able to upgrade to a new device after six months on this tariff.

I'd have thought you're usually instantly rejected if you fail the credit check but I've never done this before so not sure how it all works. Older posts I've read seem to point towards my application being accepted.

Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@EzeniaNo you are not instantly rejected as it takes time to do credit checks.

However, you appear to have been accepted and now you have to wait until you get the email stating it's been despatched

You can then track it in My O2  https://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 as I explained above.

Best of luck. Enjoy your new phone wink

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Your dispatch email will be sent the evening before delivery but we’d have no way of knowing if you’ve been accepted or not. There is no way of telling without asking customer service
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It looks from the information you have received that you have been accepted but I'm a little cautious because you haven't received a copy of the terms and conditions and the agreement by email. As said, it could just be to do with it being the bank holiday but only customer service can put your mind at ease. Personally I would never trust ordering online, Easter or not.

Message 6 of 19

Ezenia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received 3 PDFs (Standard European Consumer Credit Information for O2 Refresh,  Key Information for O2 Refresh and Phone Plan Consumer Credit Agreement for O2 Refresh) in the email. The 4th (within the same e-mail) was a link to read my Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions for O2 Refresh.

Other e-mails I've had are just my O2 username and a link to the confirmation page that specifies my order number.

No other e-mails as of yet. Likely due to Easter and what not. Time will tell I suppose.

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Which if you clicked on the link to read terms and conditions means you have been accepted @Ezenia thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You can stop worrying now if you have received those documents by clicking the links.

Message 9 of 19

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Ezenia how are you doing with this, did everything go ok with your order in the end? slight_smile

Message 10 of 19