Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Plan Paid up but O2 will not inform the credit agency

Caren
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid up my iWatch a few months ago but O2 still hasn't informed Clear Score.  I raised a dispute with the credit agency but O2 said that I still owed money even though I provided the full and final settlement statement.  I am about to remortgage and I want this off my credit report and I can't work out why O2 can report incorrect data about my device plan.  Is there anything I can do, ringing them is completely hopeless all they do is keep extended the date it will be reported back. 30 days, then 60 and so on..... its a joke

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caren 

You need to contact the CFR team.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caren 

You need to contact the CFR team.

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Caren 

The credit reference agencies are running at a serious backlog, and it can take over 90 days for our credit report to be updated to them... 

Ask o2 what is still outstanding on the Device Plan as well... 
If o2 have said their is said there is still Money outstanding to a CRA dispute request then you might have to go down the FOS route, as the Credit Referrals Team will not touch it.   o2 have a legal duty to report correct data to the CRA's, as it is in there systems. 

They loan will not disappear off your credit report for 6 years, it will only show as settled / completed.  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Caren
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's the bit that I am more cross about is that they are reporting that the device has an outstanding balance even though I am no longer being changed for the device, it shows on my O2 account as device paid and I have a full and final settlement statement from O2, but then they report to a credit agency that I owe money.  I work with data in the public sector and our data has to be accurate or we will be in trouble, why should it be any different for O2? Thank you for taking the time to respond

Message 4 of 4