Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Fee / Upgrade Options

mp87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I look at upgrading, the (astronomical) fee shows a Device Fee along with an Airtime Fee. I would assume that my current contract is the same, but shows no Device Fee anywhere, and only a price each month for my "Tarriff Charges".

Would  be right in assuming that the month after my contract expires, my monthly "Tarriff Charge" is going to reduce dramatically?

Also, why is O2 offering me a Google Pixel 3, for 36 months at £51.09 a month with 30GB and a £30 Upfront fee, but I can get the newer Google Pixel 4, for 24 months at £30 a month with a £30 upfront fee elsewhere? Is it really expected that I'll pay £1,119.24 extra (51.09 for the additonal 12 months plus the extra 21.09 over the 24 months)just to not ask for my PUK code and go with a different provider and keep my existing number?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@mp87 It sounds like you're being offered an upgrade to a Refresh contract, which you probably aren't on right now. If you can get a better deal for what you want elsewhere, then that's what you should do. Below is a link to guide you through cancelling and moving to another provider.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852#M...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2