Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deposit for upgrade

jamieleewv1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys. Just joined O2 I applied for a pay monthly phone but due to my credit score O2 wanted a £300 deposit. They gave me another option underneath of taking a SIM only refresh deal 12 month contract and after 6 months of paying bills on time I'd be able to upgrade to a phone plan. 

I've chosen the second option as I'm not in a major rush for a phone right now anyway.

My question is is this upgrade after 6 months guaranteed so long as my payments are made on time? Or will I be credit checked again at 6 months even if all my bills are paid on time? I only ask as I wouldn't want another search on my credit score as I'm trying to build my credit back up.

I've attached image of what option I had below for clarification.

Thanks

Screenshot_20230119-113655.png

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

You can still be subject to credit and affordability checks, and when you take out a Handset you agree to a Consumer Credit Agreement, and they do reserve the right to doa hard check on these.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jamieleewv1 

You can still be subject to credit and affordability checks, and when you take out a Handset you agree to a Consumer Credit Agreement, and they do reserve the right to doa hard check on these.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

As above there will be another credit check and hard search for the handset

Plus £28 for those allowances is expensive. You will also have to factor in the price rise in April which will probably be around another £3.50 per month.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3