cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Streak GMail/Android Market over WiFi, it's a no go...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, good morning.

I just got my Dell Streak, but I use another mobile as my main phone, and use the Streak as a wireless tablet.
The problem is, over the wireless internet is fine and all, but I cannot ever sign in to my GMail account/Market, ever...

Is this something normal? is this Android related? is O2 forcing me to use 3G to access my GMail account and the Market on the Dell Streak?

Thanks for the help/info.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if you're using 3G you can sign into Gmail ok but if you use wifi (home wifi?) then you can't sign in?

Does an error message come up?
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar problem with Google Mail on my Nexus One.

It will work fine on 3G, fine on my home WiFi, but not on the WiFi at work. I presume it's to do with firewalls, rather than a problem with the phone.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I havent even tried using the 3G SIM card in it, because I use it on my normal phone, I just want to use the Dell Streak over Wifi as a tablet.
And the wireless is fine, I use it at work and home to access internet with no problems, but whenever I try to sign in to my GMail account it fails, so I cannot access the Market either...
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
did you recently change your email/username from googlemail to gmail ? as this can cause you not to log in ! If so then change it back to googlemail and should be ok as I had this problem !
Message 5 of 5