Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinking nightmare

Arachnakid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I asked for my airtime tariff to be delinked.from my device plan after 24 months, as per my contract, and o2 cancelled the whole contract and are now threatening me with debt collectors but it was them who cancelled the contract not me. 

Have contacted Payment Management, Sales, Upgrades and Customer Service and none will help. Should I go direct to the Ombudsmen?

Basically, O2 have breached the contract I agreed to and signed with them. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Arachnakid 

You can only unlink on certain contracts (done after a certain date), anything other than that you need to pay off the full device plan... and only then after 24months, any period before that and the device plan becomes payable..

You will need to follow the complaints process and o2 have 8 weeks to respond after this then you can take to the ombudsman..

https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

Arachnakid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I requested the delink after the 24 months, which formed part of my contract.

Message 3 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Arachnakid 

Then you need to follow the link I provided and wait upto 8 weeks (as is industry standard) before taking it to the Ombudsman.. 

Message 4 of 11

Arachnakid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What about the fact they have threatened me with debt collectors if I don't pay the full amount of the device within the next 14 days?

Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Arachnakid 

You still need to speak to them, there is nothing at all anyone on this CUSTOMER TO CUSTOMER forum can do apart from give the advice we have done... 

Ring back the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday is my only other advice

Message 6 of 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Regretfully, as a customer to customer forum there is nothing we can do.

The problem of putting in an official complaint now is that Customer Services won't be able to help until it is complete.

Maybe worth speaking to Payment Management 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 11

Arachnakid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have spent hours on the phone to three members of Payment Management (who also spoke to their manager) and none of them were able to help and sent me back to Customer Services whose staff and their managers had no idea what to do either. 

It's a dreadful situation, but at least the Ombudmen will sort it, even if I have to wait another 7 weeks. 

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Arachnakid 

I would suggest that you do not complain at the moment. @Enlli has recommended that you speak to Payment Management ; as an alternative, you could try O2's social media team. They are highly regarded and might be able to help :-   

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The issue with a complaint is that it will not stop O2 selling your debt to a Debt Collection Agency who will go on to take enforcement action against you. O2 are ruthless when it comes to debts ; they will also report you to the credit reference agencies and trash your credit score. The fact that you are disputing the debt will not stop this approach. 

Please remember that when dealing with O2, you only need to find one advisor who understands your problem and resolves it. Hence, trying at different times, different teams and by different channels can be worthwhile. 

If your issue gets as far as the Ombudsman, I do hope that he agrees with you ; when you get into the interpretation of a contract, I would suggest that is by no means certain.  

Message 9 of 11

Arachnakid
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The contract is clear and O2 have admitted that it was their mistake but they refuse to give any advice on how.to continue paying the outstanding 12 month installments. it is their error and the ombudsmen and lawyers will not tolerate how I have been treated.due to their own breach of the contract I agreed to. Call transcripts have been applied for and I have screenshots from all the online chats, as well as the copy of my original contract. 

Message 10 of 11