Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliberate delay of unlatching code by 02

Sonny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I want to go over to BT MOBILE after being with 02 9 years. Got a PAC code, NEVER TOLD AT THAT POINT I WILL NEED MY PHONE UNLOCKING TO PORT, received BT MOBILE sim, in the instructions told make sure phone unlocked. Rang O2 advised 72hrs unlock, after 72hrs nothing, rang again advised something went wrong and need wait further 72hrs. The 72 hrs expires Friday 5pm, advised by BT MOBILE that port will happen between 11am-3pm Thursday, so if the port goes ahead and phone isn’t unlocked I will be unable to use my phone..... as the number will be with BT MOBILE but phone still locked to 02 “terrible blagging service from 02 to make you stay with them” OFCOM needs to sort .....
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You don’t need your phone unlocked to port your number across
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Although we've not had official confirmation it appears O2 are having problems unlocking phones at the moment.
@EmilieT another customer having problems.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Sonny, and welcome to the forum! I was told that the system for unlocking iPhones seems to be running fine, but are some intermittent issues with the one for general unlocking at the moment which might delay the codes a bit - which type of phone do you have?

If after the timeframe given to you you're still stuck, please drop me a Private Message, I'd happily get someone to look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 17

Sonny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lovemyphone..... of course you need phone unlocked port number .... how can you use the number once ported to BT MOBILE , if phone still locked to 02 ? It will not work !
Message 5 of 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
@Sonny o2 do not know you want to use the device that you were using before.
For all they know you are (or have) bought a new device to use on the new network.
What sort of phone do you have and where did you buy it from?
If an Android phone and through Carphone Warehouse it should work with the BT sim.
If through o2 directly, they should unlock without charge.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 17

Sallin
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having exactly the same problem. Asked them to unlock it last Friday, was told 72 hours which would take it to Monday. On Monday they said the 72 hours doesn’t include the weekend, so it would be done by today (Weds). Now saying it may take 7 days but that the request didn’t go in on Friday so it would be 7 days from Monday, i.e.10 days in total. Totally incompetent. I feel like they’re dragging their feet as I’ve said I’m leaving o2, and cannot understand how it can possibly take them 10 days to do something which is surely quite simple?

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed by me

Message 8 of 17

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sunny, I am having the same problem with O2 this has gone on for nearly a week, I have another contract with vodaphone but can not do anything because my Iphone is locked, also have a pac code, I agree, they are deliberately delaying unlatching, especially when you go to another network!  I was told it would take 72 hours! I have rang every day twice a day, o2 chat, getting nothing, I've esculated my complaint to Citizends Advice, Ofcom, their own resolution Centre, but was that fed up of the blantent lies Ive have contacted WatchDog, as of this year it is illigal for any newtwork to lock your phone!

Message 9 of 17

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Sallin I have had the same problem with o2, well over the 72 hours, rang today to be told that the unlatch team hadn't even looked at my account, further more their only correspondence is via electronic forms and emails, they don't have a telephone number contact, that is what I was told today, I find that excuse lame, and it's not something I would believe.

Message 10 of 17