cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on my Credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

Who should I write to in O2 (email) for removal of default from my credit profile. Would be great if you could share any details. I bought a contract phone from o2 in Feb 2013 while I came to UK I had to leave the country in May 2013 due to some extreme medical condition. I left some deposit in my o2 account to take care of it for a few months before I could sort things out on health front. However when i called o2 from my country they said I could not use international debit or credit card for making a payment. My local bank in UK did not issue me a online payment access so I could not use it. With no other option I had to wait till I could return and I paid the account in full Nov 2014 however the default still remain on my credit and they have not updated the file as it still shows outstanding of £452. Please advice on how to get this fixed.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Send details of the settlement, along with a copy of your credit report to:

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 123008 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

You will need to do this via by contacting O2 customer sercies in the first instance (No email address) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you have no joy this route then you can complain

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain  (this link contains information and a link to the Financial Ombudsman)

If honest I don't know how much joy you will have with this ...because whatever the circumstances, sadly, you did default. This normally stays on your credit file for 6 years.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Send details of the settlement, along with a copy of your credit report to:

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
It may take up to 6 months for all agencies to update their records.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I obtained my credit file from Experian and notice that 02 has registered a default on my file. This default has been registered back in september 2010 against me and I wasnt aware of this until First credit (DCA) got in touch with me on the 13th of January 2012 advising me that 02 has sold them my debt and I owe them 160pd. I was shocked as I didnt recieve any bill or notice of default from 02 and didnt have any idea of any outstanding bill from 02. However I made the payment of  160pd to first direct in January 2012.

I am very dissapointed with the level of customer service that I have recieved from 02 as I did not receive any bill or contact from 02 and only after two years Debt recovery agency got in touch with me.I was naive at the time and didnt think much of the default.

However after nearly six years I have been offered a job with one of the UK biggest banks and  the bank conduct a credit check on all their new employee. I have spoken to the HR and they advice that any settled or unsettled default they will have to withdraw the offer. I contacted 02 today and their customer service advisor was so unhelpful and said nothing they can do as they have no longer have my account details on their record. I have emailed 02 complaint department to get this issue resolve asap. As the default is unlawfully been registered without any notice and been passed on to debt collection agency without notifying me I hope 02 will get this remove from my credit file. Its not only has damaged my credit file but also its now going to damage my career. Please let me know if you guys have advice. 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
From past experience we can tell you that its unlikely that O2 will remove the default.
Your only hope is to pursue complaints or email the office of the CEO.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

So many people have found out too late that o2 have placed a default on their credit file without any sort of notification. A search on here would show the magnitude of the problem.  Have a browse through here though many people are going to have the same problem given the issue with the payment system recently. 

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/WARNING-o2-Default-credit-error-stopping-our-mortg...

Message 7 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
You really should've been chasing this from the minute you discovered the default/debt collectors contacted you. But, you'll have to persevere in the hope you'll get it sorted.

Please be warned it's doubtful O2 will remove the default and that's from past experience of ppl in your position not getting theirs removed.!
Message 8 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Working for a large bank myself I can confirm that a small settled default around 5 years back shouldn't cause to much issue provided you put it down on your application form and don't try to hide it. However, it depends on what other candidates are applying, the role you are applying for etc as this all forms part of their impression of you. If you have had other issues such as late payments etc your unlikely to secure the position.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 9 of 9