Did you mean: 

Default on Account

MikeD82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I'll keep it short, so, I ordered a phone from o2 over a year and a half ago, changed my mind about the phone 5 minutes later and ordered a different on from them. 

When the phones arrived I phoned o2 and explained what had happened and I was told some special envelopes would be on their way so i could send the unused (and unopened) phone back as I couldnt just return it to a store nearby.

The envelopes ended up arriving later than expected which would mean by the time they had it back and all that, the 14 days would be up and I would have to pay.

I phoned and explained and the person on the phone put £50 on the phones account to cover any cost arising from this.

As far as I was concerened that was that and a few months later I moved to a different flat.

Now, over a year and a half later i check my credit report, update adresses and my credit rating dropped 478 points. I check whats going on and its because I have a default o2 account for £22.08 because while that £50 covered the balance it was more than needed they never took the difference back. As soon as I figured it out I paid the debt.

Is there any way I can get this removed from my credit report as only the amount to be taken from my account should have been placed on the phones account. I found a letter I hadnt opened from them (I'd assumed the matter was closed and it was just promortional stuff as I do all my bills online) and it said they had tried to phone me too. Im assuming they were phoning the number I had sent back because I dont remember having any missed calls from them.

Its going to take years to get a decent score again now thanks to a default on £22.08 extra that was transfered that I had assumed they would have debited back or added onto my other phone bill 😕

Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23067 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@MikeD82 I will tag our O2 account Gurus who are currently online.

@O2KyleW, @Anonymous can you please advise?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino thanks for the tag, will private message you @MikeD82 so we can discuss this further.

Message 3 of 3