cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined due to system error with CRA - how to resolve?

Yozdag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  my EE contract was coming to an end and I wanted to switch to O2 (signal issues at office with EE).  I went to a store to arrange a new contract and was surprised to be declined.   I have perfect credit for many years etc etc... 

Now this is where it gets interesting, I have the credit agency app on my phone and so immediately opened my app to see that although my score was excellent, the agency had listed my "borrowing power" as 0% but still scored me 650 out of 710.  This confused me somewhat, but probably explains why I was declined.....

I then noticed on the app that my "banking api" link had expired (the whole "credit boost" thing you can do by letting the CRA see your "live" balances on bank/credit card etc) - and as soon as I refreshed the permissions for this, my borrowing power immediately refreshed onto the app at 87% (band excellent).   I went back into the store to explain that it was a glitch that is now fixed, but the store wasn't interested, they just gave me the "credit referrals" email and ignored me after that.   They are salesman, so I get it.... 

I emailed the CR team to explain that all they needed to do was pull my credit file again to see the correction - but its been radio silence....  I am tempted to just take my business to another network, but thought I'd check first if that CR team have an extended response time atm or something?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Trying to get a response from the CFR team is like getting an audience with the Pope

Take your custom to a network who cares because I can assure you that no one at O2 will be fighting for your custom

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Yozdag Two applications, one on the heels of the other will trigger a negative response. That's probably true even if you tried another provider, but I would agree with @jonsie, as O2's customer service is nil these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Yozdag 

A credit score is a meaningless number, that is solely used to sell you services by the CRA's. So something else on your credit file may have triggered it. 

You may get the same response from another network, but give it a whirl..

And to be fair to the store they must hear it 10 times a day, I used to 20years ago when I sold mobiles..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Yozdag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I knew my credit file was fine, and it was just that glitch on the day I visited the O2 store - but I got fed up waiting for O2 to resolve it - and ended up just going to Three.  Instant approval, handset was £80 cheaper as well, and monthly price was £15 pcm cheaper too.... a right result.  Thanks O2 ! haha.

Message 5 of 5