cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
earlier today, i rung the o2 customer service, to talk about upgrading to the new sony ericsson satio, as last week, i was told that it wouldnt be in stock until today.

i was also told last week, that, with my upgrade being in november, that, if i spoke to a manager, i could upgrade this month, due to the amount i spend each month on my contract.

but, when i rung today, i got told i wasnt allowed to speak to a manager, and that, the only way i could upgrade, was to terminate the remaining time on my contract, but, only to upgrade to the iPhone.

now, can someone tell me, why i got told 2 differant things.

o2, is the 3rd mobile company i have been with, and the best out of the 3, but, on this occasion, they are not, as with the previous 2, i have always been able to cancel the remaining months on my contract, to upgrade, to any other phone i want.

because at the moment, this phone i currently have, i think, wont last another month, and theres no point sending it out to be repaired, when ill be getting a new phone anyway.

so, can someone from o2 customer services, if they monitor these boards, please tell me why i was told 1 thing 1 week, and another today, because frankly, i think its rather annoying.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunatly o2 dont read these boards, the only way to get the answers to your questions is to call o2 direct - or send an email to the customer complaints department at complaintreviewservice@o2.com ... im sure thats the email address - maybe someone can confirm that? IF you send an email you should get an automatic response saying someone will get back to you - if you get that.. its the right email addess!!
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks..i emailed them as well, incase they didnt read the boards.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you spend each month? What is the lowest bill you have in the last 6 months? If you qualify as a Gold customer (£50.01+ as the lowest bill) then 'I believe' not 100% certain, that you can upgrade in an o2 shop. Nobody can upgrade early and you were informed incorrectly which is worth a complaint but that is life.. And it is only 1 month, you have waited, presumably 17 months already??
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
my bills come back at around 60-70 a month, most recently around 80-90 a month..

i have emailed o2 online, just awaiting their reply, i just want to know why i was told 1 thing, and then told another.

if nothing can be done, then i suppose i can wait a month, but, this phone is pretty much on its last legs..
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I remember rightly, you can upgrade early in a shop as you should be a Gold customer and eligible for a 3 month early upgrade. Any shops near you?!
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
there are, but, this is an internet contract, i got contract online, does that matter?
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to be banded as gold before you can be treated as one, your banding is only assessed every 12 months so if you were found to be silver then this is how you will be treated until you are re-banded.

Upgrading instore will not work as this has to be agreed by their helpdesk and if you're not gold then they wont authorise it.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
and i do i get authorised to be banded?...

the person i spoke to last week told me that if a manager agreed, then an upgrade would be possible.

but the people i spoke to today, werent interested in upgrading me to the phone i wanted, but, only to the iphone. i dont see what the differance is..
Message 9 of 9