cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined 18months subscription

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried 2 apply to 18months subscription for get an i-phone but unfortunately my request was declined...which can be the reasons? what can I do 2make them accept my request? and after how long can I apply again? thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've read something about credit checks...so all i should do is to be registered to vote?? unfortunately i'm new in the uk and i can't say that i live here for many years...i'm here only since august and i've opened bank account 2weeks ago...any advise, except being registered 2vote??
Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If you have not been in the uk long and are not registered to vote The chances of getting any credit will be low hence the refusal you would be better off getting a pay as you go phone. Until your credit rating goes up.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85688 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4585 Solutions
There is an article which may help but as Adam says, you need to build up a credit rating and only being in the country for a couple of weeks means it's next to impossible to be accepted for a contract.

Credit Rating
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried 2 apply to 18months subscription for get an i-phone but unfortunately my request was declined...which can be the reasons? what can I do 2make them accept my request? and after how long can I apply again? thanks

If you have been in the UK less than 2 years you will NOT be able to get any type of contract or finacial agreement with any company as you have no credit rating. You can register to vote - but I think the deadline for this has already passed?? Unfortunately you will have to get a PAYG for now and then upgrade later.
Any declines you have will stay on your credit profile for 3 months and the more you applications you make the more it affects your credit rating.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not entirely true that one cannot get "any type of contract or financial agreement with any company" for 2 years, that sounds very strict.

First of all, you can get a credit card from a company like Capital One who have special cards for building up your credit history. They offer cards with extortionate APRs (around 35%) and low credit limits, but they do give them to relatively newcomers. You don't have to use it, or if you do, pay it up straight away. This way, your credit rating will build up over time with all your payments showing as "in time".

After 6 months you could also try to apply for a normal credit card, for example NatWest. They gave me my first credit card after being in the UK for only 6 months. Very low credit limit of course, but from then on your credit rating begins to solidify.

After a few more months to maybe a year of handling your credit card(s) impeccably, you should have better chances of applying for a mobile phone contract.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't apply to me DonDino2 but thanks for the very useful information as I do deal at work with people from other countries coming here sometimes.
Message 7 of 7