Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt management ketter

Jo66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have a o2 contract connected to virgin account. Have been trying to cancel/ change since dec 2023. As o2 cant find my acc was advised to cancel which i did in jan 2024. Have now received letter from Moorcroft debt agency. They have given me 2 weeks to sort. When call o2 or go in store they cant verify me as email connected is not mine and as SIM never used cant text me. Have made a complaint , no response. What do i do??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Jo66 

Try X (Twitter)

O2 on X: "@KatyEvans1987 Thank you for the screenshot. Our Executive Relations Team handle complaint...

https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6380 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Jo66 

Please bear in mind that it seems to be taking O2 about eight weeks to investigate and issue a response to complaints ; which is not a lot of use in your predicament.   

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

8 weeks is the cut off for escalation https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

There is no proof that it takes 8 weeks to respond other than you posting it on just about every thread on the forum.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Jo66 

You need to speak to Moorcroft and not o2 as they are now handling the account.. 

Who told you to cancel via cancelling your Direct Debit, as that is the worst thing you could have done, hence you are now in this situation.. 

Also did you cancel your Virgin Service at the same time, also you would have had emails from o2 with your number on it... and just because the sim was never used doesnt mean to wasn't activated.

You will also have an o2 account number on the letter from Moorcroft you an use that to contact o2.. 

An o2 store cant help...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

Jo66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was advised to cancel as number/ account details i had were not traceable. Gave them reference numbers etc. Didnt cancel  virgin as they told me that there were no o2 services connected and just to cancel. Also moorcroft happy to take payment but cant cancelservice. So even if i pay will it keep happening again?

Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Jo66 

You have an o2 account number on the letter from moorcroft, if not they can give you the o2 account details.. you just need to speak to them and ask for it..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Jo66
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes i have, unfortunately as bith mobile number and email are not contactable they are unable to verify me and therefore wont discuss with me.

Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6380 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Jo66 

I suggest that you try O2's "Executive Relations Team" ; details in @MI5's post above. 👍 

Message 9 of 9