Did you mean: 

Daughter travel to South Africa

RoystonP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My daughter, an O2 customer whose bill I pay as part of my account, is going to South Africa 23 Jul to 5 Aug) on a school trip.

Is there anything that I need to do to enable her to use her phone in South Africa?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Royston

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27828 Solutions

@RoystonP 

Cheapest option is to use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27828 Solutions

@RoystonP 

Cheapest option is to use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

RoystonP
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much - I’ll take a look

Message 3 of 4

JonWilford
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HAs anyone else tried a third party esim in South Africa so I dont have to pay the O2 travel costs and if so do calls and text work normally

Message 4 of 4