cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a new phone in the summer and seem to be using up more data now.  Although I average 450, I am getting 'you are running out of data'.   My son says I am not using Wifi but I am.  Is it a button I need to tick or untick?       I could 'upgrade' but am reluctant as my other half pays just £7 a month and I pay £17. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iphone 6Splus

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous have you looked in your phone settings to see what apps are using the data? Do you have background refresh on? Do your apps update over mobile data 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Might be best to get your son to check your phone settings.
WiFi needs to be on always and your phone will then automatically connect to any WiFi networks that you have saved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did you have any luck with finding out what your data was being used for? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5