Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Aaron1321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone im currently looking at buying a 150gb data plan for £20 a month, but am unsure about fair data usage policy. I dont have broadband at home and use my phone as mobile hotspot. Its connected to the tv which i watch a lot of streaming services. And also the xbox one, where i download 1 game a month around 50gb. In one go, and then just casual use with streaming on the tv for the rest of the 100gb, i dont really want to be banned for occasionally downloading a file size like this in one go. Im not sure what you class as excessive usage.

Id love to hear from you. Regards Aaron.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Aaron1321
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone im currently looking at buying a 150gb data plan for £20 a month, but am unsure about fair data usage policy. I dont have broadband at home and use my phone as mobile hotspot. Its connected to the tv which i watch a lot of streaming services. And also the xbox one, where i download 1 game a month around 50gb. In one go, and then just casual use with streaming on the tv for the rest of the 100gb, i dont really want to be banned for occasionally downloading a file size like this in one go. Im not sure what you class as excessive usage.

Id love to hear from you. Regards Aaron.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Aaron1321 This is O2's policy: O2 | Consumer Fair Usage Policy | Terms and Conditions

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Aaron1321 

You can use the 150gb as you wish.

Data will stop once you've used it all up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Aaron1321
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fair usage policy

Thats fair enough, im only looking to download one x box game a month roughly 50gb and the rest for casual streaming. I wouldn't ever go over 150gb. I was just worried id get banned because i used 50gb in one day.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Aaron1321 

FUP really only applies to unlimited allowances.

Where there's a restriction on allowances, it doesn't effect you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6