cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data SIM payments

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following question has totally floored O2.

I have a data SIM on pay monthly. Within the terms I can dip in and out of this at the term/contract dates whenever I require my data. I have had to set up payment by card and O2 take payments on the contract date and give me my data allowance --- all clear so far.

I don't need my data allowance for this month I would like to stop the payment and therefore my data allowance and then, maybe, resume it again in two months time. Can someone please tell me how I do this?

Looking forward to a simple answer!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean you can suspend usage. It's a full cancellation and you would have to start a new contract to resume service.
Some contracts also carry a minimum term which would incur cancellation fees if terminated early, but you are OK with 30 day contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I have a data sim and not aware of this clause.
Do you have a link to the T&C's ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the T&C's as I see it: "(e) If you take a Services Agreement with a Minimum Period of 30 days you can give us notice that you want to end your contract or change your airtime tariff at any time, and this will be effective no more than 30 days after we receive your notice. You'll have to pay your normal monthly charge for your tariff until the end of your 30-day notice period."

I knew this and see no problem, all I want to know is if I cancel my payment and therefore data for a particular month is it an outright cancelation of my account and so if I then require data for another month do I actually re-join O2 with a whole new account, SIM and mobile number to boot?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean you can suspend usage. It's a full cancellation and you would have to start a new contract to resume service.
Some contracts also carry a minimum term which would incur cancellation fees if terminated early, but you are OK with 30 day contracts.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4