Did you mean: 

DATA usage problem

Muse91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello

I'm being told I have used all of my data when I have not. I get 10GB and have only used about 4.7 yet I've had a text off O2 saying they've turned my data off because it has all been used. My biggest use this month is Dropbox at approx 1.3GB.

I have 5GB plus another 5GB add on that expires November 2021.

I cannot get hold of customer service unless I upgrade or cancel my contract. What on earth am I supposed to do?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Muse91 

Has your bolt on ended?

You'll need to try any number to get through Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@Muse91 

Use any or all of the numbers in this guide. Press ANY option.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Muse91
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nothing should have ended. I've used 4.5 GB. If it were about 9.5 then I wouldn't have made a fuss. Something obvious isn't set up properly their end
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
How long have you had the contract and from where?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Muse91
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since November 2019 and Mobile Phones Direct
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@Muse91 

Data bolt ons have been lost for everyone who purchased indirect from O2.

You need to call customer service to have it added to your account again Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Muse91
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I already phoned customer service and she said everything was all in order and I had genuinely used 10gb data. She said the phone data usage in settings is inaccurate. I said yes I'm aware of that but there's a bit of a difference between 4.5gb and 10gb

In the end she added a complimentary 1GB to the account. I even asked if I could upgrade the data on the contract for an extra charge and she said it is possible but not in my case with this particular contract.

What a shambles. I left Three (who id been with for about 6 years) because I'd heard good things about O2. As soon as both my contracts end I'll be straight out the door. Never had a single issue with Three in all the 6 years I was with them.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Message 8 of 8