Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rating - unclassified payment

Jmcollins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 for a number of years, and in February did the usual upgrade. No payments were missed, everything went as usual. 

Something was clearly processed incorrectly by O2, as in February there is a change to my credit report with it saying ‘current status - unclassified’ next to O2. My credit rating immediately dropped 89 points (!!!). This same status update was on March’s report too. This then disappears come April, with the breakdown of the O2 device ‘loan’ saying they started being paid in April (aka no feb/March payments when this issue crops up) even though I never stopped paying the usual airtime and device charge breakdown throughout February and March. Come April, no ‘unclassified’ reference (conveniently as O2 then have record of me paying the loan again.). 

My credit rating has never since recovered due to this clear error from O2, and I am due to remortgage. Where do I turn to?  Needless to say speaking to some sales rep in customer services is only going to frustrate! 
@O2Georgina - I have seen you tagged in similar posts about O2 negatively impacting people’s credit ratings due to mistakes made on their end, and worried if you could assist?  

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@Jmcollins 

You can also contact the CFR Team. 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@Jmcollins 

You can also contact the CFR Team. 

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Jmcollins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, contacting O2 was on the list but had no idea where to start to be honest so that’s good to know! 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10313 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@Jmcollins 

Ignore your credit score it is a made up number designed to sell you products and services, lenders look at you credit file, and that is where the Mortgage Company look, they don't even see you credit score. 

"Unclassified" means nothing to lenders as long as they are seen as neutral by lenders... 

I wouldn't panic... 

You can also reach out via the CRA's and ask them if they can get the updated information.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4