Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check on sim upgrade

Leon96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. If I’m upgrading from a sim only plan to a device plan will there be a credit check. I’ve only had the sim for 3 months. I spoke to 2 agents and they both gave different answers. 1 say there will be a credit check the other said there isn’t. I can upgrade in 4 days and I don’t want to make credit worst by applying for the device then getting denied. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@Leon96 

o2 run affordability and credit checks across upgrades, as you are signing a regulated credit agreement, and this requires these checks. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Leon96
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Damn. Looks like I won’t be getting a upgrade as my credit isn’t the best atm. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Leon96 

If you already have a refresh contract they will not credit check you again for an upgrade to another.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

GreenBadger
Level 4: Observant
  • 34 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

My credit isn’t that great but I was approved for an upgrade to refresh after my 6 month probation on sim only. Since then I’ve been able to add a tablet line and a watch line to my account too

Message 5 of 6

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Leon96 was your query clarified?

Message 6 of 6