cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of bills is ridiculous

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am supposed to pay £50 a month (including extra data I have added) for some reason as I have logged in to my O2 I have seen all of my previous bills. Only to see that 02 constantly seen to bump my bill up to £100-£190 each month. When I view breakdown and of my bills it doesn't state why?! It only shows the small add ons ( calling from abroad only adds up to £10 on) such as VAT etc. so why is it my bill is so high every month doesn't make sense... It's impossible! They have also cut my phone off now because there is £56 to be paid for my last bill. But the last time I paid my bill £100 to much was back which I still haven't been refunded so why is it my phone has been cut off?! My contract is finished now and I am looking to start a new SIM card only contract but this is causing to much inconvenience because there is an "unpaid bill" therefore I cannot update. They are also asking me to contact them yet it is impossible to do so.. Considering they have cut my phone off!!!!!!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous we have no accesss to your account so you need to ring O2 and ask them about this bill http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add there is a landline number in the link above....or you could borrow a phone...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous we have no accesss to your account so you need to ring O2 and ask them about this bill http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add there is a landline number in the link above....or you could borrow a phone...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
There is a landline number on this link or you can use any other o2 mobile http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Only CS can answer your questions so I suggest you call them asap to sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

You can get a complete breakdown of all charges in My O2. Download the bills as pdfs and it will show numbers outside your allowance, overseas charges and mms.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received my first bill after getting an iphone5 earlier in November. I have hardly used the device; not downloaded any video or music.... and only a couple of apps that I hardly use ( I am new to smartphones!). My previous sim in the old phone with no data allowance was disconnected and my number moved to my new sim in new phone. My usual monthy bill was around £15 for the last 8 years with the old dumbphone.  My November bill was a staggering £106 !! inc £75 worth of "Data Calls".  OK, I now understand that the iphone can use data rather than WiFi sometimes and I have now turned that feature off.  

My question is: Can I really have used £75 of data just veiwing a few e-mails,  7 or 8 texts and 6 or 7 phone calls, and surfed for about an hour in total...even accepting that the iphone allows apps to "update" automatically?  

WGK

A smartphone newbie

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
What tariff are you on (look in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 )?
I also think you may have the wrong apn on the phone.
Can you go to Settings >Mobile >Mobile data network and type out what is listed under "APN" please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5,

That's the rub. I got a new SIM from my local 02 shop and then I thought I had signed up for a 1GB package on-line via 02 Shop. Turns out the two action were not connected, so my new SIM although registered with 02 had no data package! I'm shocked that the iphone would download so much data (£75) without downloading anything like video or music.etc..I am not a heavy mobile phone user at all! Should 02 not have notice such high usage from a number that's bill was usually £15 per month?

The Mobile Data screen on the phone is--

APN pp.vodafone.co.uk

Visual Voicemail
APN idata.o2.co.uk

Thanks for your help.

WGK
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

If you have an apn of voda then that's why the data charges are so much. Text ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings, reboot thephone and you should be ok.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144472 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions
Change the "pp.vodafone.co.uk" to "idata.o2.co.uk" and make sure you update your tariff with cs to the 1gb package.
The data charge looks to me to be the old dial up data pricing which somehow your phone has connected to.
Personally I would question this with cs as you shouldn't be able to connect that way anymore with a modern smartphone and esp not with a vodafone apn.
Also check with cs that they have you on the correct idata package for an iphone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9