cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost: Making Video Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
How much do Video Calls cost on contracts?

I don't think they are covered with your minutes, if they are that's great.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK video calls are charged exactly the same as voice calls. Therefore they are part of your standard minutes allowance.

Edit: In fact I've just found this on o2 help:
"Pay Monthly - Video calls from O2 mobiles are charged at the same rate as voice calls and are included in your monthly minute allowance."

SV
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep they are same as voice calls, within your inclusive minutes and charged exactly the same. I occasionally video-call my friends in Greece for a mere 17p/min (while for example Three users have to pay 50p/min just to video-call another UK user)!

O2 has really done it right with video calling - if only they advertised it a little bit more, it would become more popular.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU!

I am going to video call more often when i get my new mobile contract
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep they are same as voice calls, within your inclusive minutes and charged exactly the same. I occasionally video-call my friends in Greece for a mere 17p/min (while for example Three users have to pay 50p/min just to video-call another UK user)!
O2 has really done it right with video calling - if only they advertised it a little bit more, it would become more popular.

So international video calls are the same price as normal calls?. I have a friend in Austria and from the looks of ITS its the same 17p a min to make a voice call but will that be the same for a video call?

Thanks
Message 5 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
O2 are the best priced for video calls.

and I use it where ever i can.

I think its great
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So international video calls are the same price as normal calls?. I have a friend in Austria and from the looks of ITS its the same 17p a min to make a voice call but will that be the same for a video call?
Thanks

Yes it will be 17p for a Video Call to Austria as well, with the ITS. I video-call Greece occasionally and I get charged 17p/min.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
does it cost both people money to videocall?
Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
No.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9