cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosign - Bad credit from a bad relationship

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There,

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this but a while back in 2013 I was the cosigner for my ex-girlfriends phone contract. We broke up and she must have stopped paying as I was made responsible for this debt. The only trouble is I never received a letter from O2 or an email until the outstanding balance had been sent to a debt collector and they sent me a letter. This was the first time I had heard about it but I paid it off straight away.

Years later I am now trying to get a mortgage and this discrepancy is really affecting my credit rating. I am not disputing the bill, I cosigned the agreement so therefore I take responsibility. However the fact that I never received any correspondence from O2 is upsetting as had I known sooner I would have paid straight away and my credit rating would not be affected. 

Has anyone been through a similar situation and is this possible to fix? The difficult thing is that I never received any letters from O2 so I have no reference number for the account

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
No phone number I'm afraid as they are not customer facing.
Only details are these so try the email :
CreditFileReferrals@o2.com

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
No phone number I'm afraid as they are not customer facing.
Only details are these so try the email :
CreditFileReferrals@o2.com

Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great!

I'll try that now. Thanks so much for your help !

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Good luck....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4