Did you mean: 

Cooling off period- wish to cancel order

CLMXD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I placed an order 2 days ago for an Apple iPad Pro 2020 on a pay monthly plan. I have since changed my mind and would rather go with another provider. I can't get in touch with anyone from o2 it seems, and don't know if I'm going to have to wait for the device to be delivered to exercise my cooling off right, or if I can do it now? I have also had an email saying the device is not in stock, therefore I have no idea how long I'll be waiting for delivery. If I wait say 2 weeks for delivery, does my 14 days cooling off begin when I receive the device or would it have started 2 days ago when I made the purchase? o2 just seems like such a pain, feeling like I never should've even looked at their plans confounded

More info

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@CLMXD See this: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy 

Customer service numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

As the device is not in stock you should be able to cancel the order, but you'll have to call.

O2's handling of calls during this period has been atrocious.

Because you're now not buying anything, O2 won't consider your call important, so use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

CLMXD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just got through to someone, and I am 99.9% sure they hung up on me, haha. 

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@CLMXD No surprises there. All you can do is keep trying until you get a competent person to take your call. Seems they're in short supply with O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

CLMXD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I finally got through and forwarded to the returns & repairs centre where I was told by an operator Mohammed that he has contacted the distribution centre to cancel the order, that the credit agreement will be cancelled and my upfront payment refunded. The only thing I am dubious about is that he took my number and said that he would send me a text tomorrow (within 24 hours) to confirm that the order has been cancelled. Does this sound like standard practice? I thought communication would be through email (o2 are not my phone provider). I really hope this is the end of it, for some reason I wasn't really convinced by Mohammed oh the phone. Seemed too easy.

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@CLMXD To be honest, I wouldn't trust what he said. They really should confirm the cancellation by email. If you don't receive the text, which sounds a dubious way of doing things, you'll have to chase it up again so you feel more secure that this has been done properly. Also check your bank statement to see if you've been refunded, but this may take longer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144425 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CLMXD 

Your 14 days starts from when you receive it so worst case, just return it when it arrives. 
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7