Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period porting out

FMCCOOL302
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I took a 12 month sim only deal on the 16th November 23 I have decided to leave I am within my 14 day cooling off period yet O2 claim I owe £110

Yet the text I get from O2 with my PAC is 

Hi, it's O2. You're in your 'Change Your Mind' period, if you switch before 01/12/2023, you won't have to pay any charges for ending your contract with us, but you'll have to pay for the airtime you've used. Your final bill will include any airtime you've used and out-of-bundle charges like Charge To Mobile services. After you leave, you'll lose services on your account including any free-of-charge ones. If you have accessible formats active on your account, this service will not be available either. For more information about the services you'll lose, full switching information and your accessible formats, please go to o2. Can't use that link? Reply to this message with 'EMAIL'. For more details about switching go to o2or call 202 free from your O2 mobile.

Pac text

Hi, it's O2. *Fraud warning*: we'll never call or text you asking for this PAC code. Your PAC is:  It expires on 11/12/2023. You're in your 'Change Your Mind' period, if you switch before 01/12/2023, you won't have to pay any charges for ending your contract with us, but you'll have to pay for the airtime you've used. Your final bill will include any airtime you've used and out-of-bundle charges like Charge To Mobile services. After you leave, you'll lose services on your account including any free-of-charge ones. If you have accessible formats active on your account, this service will not be available either. For more information about the services you'll lose, full switching information and your accessible formats, 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@FMCCOOL302 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 who’ll find a solution that’s right for you.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

FMCCOOL302
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not what I asked im within my 14 day cooling off period legally I have the right to cancel 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

They will confirm for you if that is correct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4