Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling Off Period and Changing Plans

Chris1979
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just signed up to a 12-month sim only plan. Very happy but I think I underestimated my data usage and want to change to a higher data plan before my cooling off period ends. Customer services say they cannot change plan, I have to cancel the current one in the cooling off period and then rebuy the plan I need.

What I am concerned about is my mobile number which has been ported in. How will I retain this? I was under the belief that PAC codes only work if changing networks. How would this work?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Chris1979 

Buy the tariff you do want first then call O2 to migrate your number to the new tariff.

This will cancel the old one so do it all within 14 days and you'll be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Chris1979 

Buy the tariff you do want first then call O2 to migrate your number to the new tariff.

This will cancel the old one so do it all within 14 days and you'll be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

@Chris1979 

You might be best trying it yourself, via myo2 and seeing if you can, by clicking on change tariff.

You might also need to wait for the first month to complete, and then change the tariff, but for the first month buy a bolt on, appreciate it will be more expensive.

It will get very messy if returning the deal, and then starting again, as the number will need to be and ported out to somewhere or moved to a PAYG sim or it could even be lost

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3