cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ends. What happens if I don't want new phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When my contract ends next month what will I be billed in the following month?

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on what you actually want.

1. If you want to stay with o2 then you are able to keep your existing tariff by just doing nothing. You will continue to be billed monthly at your contract rate.

1b. If you stay on your contract it would be worth speaking to o2 about a pay monthly sim only tariff as this is likely to be cheaper.

2. If you wish to stay with o2 on a payg call CS on 202 for free and they will advise you of your options and send you a payg sim. You will likely also need to give 30 days notice on your contract.

3. If you wish to change network but keep your number call CS on 202 free and ask for your PAC code. Give this to your new network and when the number changes over (it is called porting) then your contract will end the day your number changes. Using this option you do not need to give 30 days notice.

4. If you don't want to keep the number or you just want the contract to end call CS on 202 for free and give 30 days notice to end your contract. Assuming you are out of contract you keep your phone you have now.

Please let us know what you choose to do.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It won't end unless you give 30 days notice.

It would drop onto a 30 day rolling contract if you do nothing.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Call 202 and give notice or ask for a P&G sim with your number. If you are going to a new network ask for your PAC to give to the new provider.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or if you just "don't want a new phone" perhaps just let your contract run as it is and upgrade when you want to.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It depends on what you actually want.

1. If you want to stay with o2 then you are able to keep your existing tariff by just doing nothing. You will continue to be billed monthly at your contract rate.

1b. If you stay on your contract it would be worth speaking to o2 about a pay monthly sim only tariff as this is likely to be cheaper.

2. If you wish to stay with o2 on a payg call CS on 202 for free and they will advise you of your options and send you a payg sim. You will likely also need to give 30 days notice on your contract.

3. If you wish to change network but keep your number call CS on 202 free and ask for your PAC code. Give this to your new network and when the number changes over (it is called porting) then your contract will end the day your number changes. Using this option you do not need to give 30 days notice.

4. If you don't want to keep the number or you just want the contract to end call CS on 202 for free and give 30 days notice to end your contract. Assuming you are out of contract you keep your phone you have now.

Please let us know what you choose to do.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. I will drop to sim only I think and wait out for iPhone 6.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.