Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended

murph01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract ended in May. I never got in touch with 02 as I had thought it would automatically end. However now I have received an email saying a bill is unpaid and they'll be disconnecting the device also that there is a termination charge of £30.14.

Does this mean I have to give notice and wait 30 days or do I pay to £30.14 and thats' the bill paid and contract finished?? Or do I still have another month to pay on the contract (even though I started a different one completely from scratch)??

So much confusion!

More info

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 have terminated your contract due to non payment.
Call CS and pay them the final settlement figure and make sure the contract is fully closed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

you will still need to give 30 days notice.

you sign into a minimum 24 month agreement so will keep going unless you cancel

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
O2 have terminated your contract due to non payment.
Call CS and pay them the final settlement figure and make sure the contract is fully closed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@murph01 wrote:

My contract ended in May. I never got in touch with 02 as I had thought it would automatically end.

So much confusion!

There should be no confusion, the contract is for a minimum period, imagine the chaos if they stopped phones from working at the end of that.

It's normal that you have to give 30 days notice in order to cancel it, you can't just stop payments and walk away.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122954 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Also...unless there are account problems such as non payment of a bill...unlless you give notice... it would continue as a 30 day rolling contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5