Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation within 14 days of starting the contract

Kadaj22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have made a terrible mistake when ordering an iPad. I debated at first what size to get and I settled on 256gb. Somehow between choosing the storage size and the tariff the website changed my iPad storage to 64gb. I didn’t notice it had done that and I went ahead with the purchase and finalised the contract. I received the iPad today and after a few hours I noticed that it was a 64gb. I then checked the contract information and it was in fact a 64gb iPad that I ordered so o2 didn’t get it wrong.

So, now I’m looking at ordering another iPad and this time I will check to make sure it is 256gb and the same 10gb data plan before finalising. However, this time I’m not given the option for a free gift? It says that there should be a free gift on the main page for all tablets. But when I go to buy it the offer doesn’t show up. I’m not that bothered about the free gift it wasn’t the reason for the purchase originally but it’s a shame I can’t take advantage of the offer. Could I use the code from the first iPad with the second iPad to claim the gift?

Also, if I ordered a new iPad now is it likely to arrive tomorrow it would be handy to know because I may need to take some time off work to receive it. As for cancelling the contract when I click the “cancel” (within 14 days) hyperlink on the contract information it directs me to the support page for returns and repairs. I am unsure how to cancel the contract would I be better to just go in store and explain the situation? I can’t find anything on the support page I looked at that says anything about the cancellation.

Would I still be eligible to cancel if I’ve already opened and used the iPad? Will I get refunded the upfront payment and how long does that usually take? Because I paid for almost half of it upfront. I’m considering just paying the minimum upfront today and if I’m correct I can pay of the device plan later.

I know we’re all customers here but I already tried to contact the support via live chat and was told to call the customer service which I can’t do as I would need someone to do that for me due to me being deaf. 

If anyone can answer at least some of my concerns I would be very grateful for your time in assisting me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Arrival tomorrow would depend if O2 had stock.

Your free gift code should still work as you are still taking a new device and contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Arrival tomorrow would depend if O2 had stock.

Your free gift code should still work as you are still taking a new device and contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Kadaj22
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

“...You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.‘

Does the above quote mean that I will be charged for using 0.1mb of data as I had already inserted the sim? Would this be the full charge of the 10Gb data plan? And will they take it off the refund amount or charge it upfront meaning I will have to pay before the contract is cancelled?

Thank you. @MI5 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kadaj22 

They will bill you pro rata for the days you used the device regardless of usage. 

For example, if the cost was £30 per month and you used it for 1 day, they will bill you £1.00

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Kadaj22
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again @MI5 you’re a star.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate. If there is anything else, just ask.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6